Saturday, May 16, 2009

Recycling in Japan

"bins on campus, usually they have 3 different catogories."
"recycling instruction@ www.genexe.com/uploads/2008/08/recyclingjapan.jpg"

Basically, everything in Japan is good, nice and wonderful to me. We don't have to walk too far to have a nice curry rice with a giant size deep fried pork; we don't have to drive a car to buy our necessaries; buses and trains are ALWAYS (since I've been here for 8 months, it has never been late.....) on time. However, I was extremely enjoying my life in Japan until I walked to the garbage can the first time to dump my trash......


In Japan, they focus on recycling in a very specific way. When I was in seminar house, I could do it by telling the instructions either posted on the wall/ bins. After I moved out with my friends to an apartment, I started to get confused every time when I dumped. We have to follow the rule separating our trash and take them to the dump on different days. I appreciate how Japanese people deal with the trash and how amazing they are that they can tell which garbage should go to which bin. It is really nice behavior but to people who is not used to it, it is a real pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment