Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Globalization in Japan--- Oishii Crepes!

= Spring Break! first time skiing in Akakura. =



"Marion crepes in Harajuku@Not Quite Nigella"



I have seen lots of crepe store in Japan since I came here. It surprised me a lot when I saw that many stores, vendors of selling crepes.


The first time I went to the area of Harajuku station in Tokyo, I noticed that along the teenaged fashions street, there are lots of stands of “crepes”. I was really surprised by the long line that those sweets lovers were standing in front of them. They all have a menu of various choices, with cream, ice cream, fruits, delicatessen or anything you want to eat with crepe. I didn’t have one by then since I didn’t really want to.


This time, when I went to Akakura for skiing, I had the first try in Japan.



"the first crepe I tried in Akakura."
Why there? Not only it had nothing to do in the mountains during off-season but also there was no other stand as many as those for crepes. So, as soon as we woke up from a 5 hours nap, we set off for snacks. I was wondering why there is so many stores of crepes even in mountains and it reminded me of those in Tokyo. This time, I am not gonna miss the chance to try the popular sweets in Japan. It was amazing good. The crepe itself was soft and full with the smell of milk. You can eat either with a spoon or directly chew the whole thing together. That provides you different kinds of taste. We stayed there for 2 days only and I went for it for 3 times! Now I have already become a fan of crepes. How about you? Have you tried one here yet?


"another crepe stand in 20m"

"still another one, next to the one above"

Try type key words of “crepes in Japan” or “harajuku crepes”, you will find plenty results of it!




Resources:
-Mazazu Crepe http://www.mazazu.com.sg/
-Not Quite Nigella-Angel hearts and Marion Crepes at Harajuku http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/07/07/angels-hearts-and-marion-crepes-at-harajuku/

1 comment:

  1. Hoiw are crepes an example of globalization in Japan? Please explain...

    Lots of good crepe places in Osaka area as well.

    ReplyDelete