Sunday, May 17, 2009

Changing Impressions




" at Aso Mt."



After almost 9 months being in Japan, I have tried my best taveling as much as possible. As my first impresion of Japan was all about shrine, odera, and those things I thought I have already seen enough last semester. After I took a trip with my friends to Kyushu 九州, the south island of Japan, I realized that besides those newly designed constructions and historical remains that I have visited, the beautiful nature in Japan has changed my narrow sight toward Japanland!


" the top of mountain we climbed the first day."



we spent around 6 days in Kyushu, 3 days in Beppu, 3 days in Aso Mt. As a hard working student in Taiwan (part of truth) I did not have enough time to travel to this kind of countryside. I prefer going to the beach or driving a car to the coast and enjoying my time doing whatever I like. This time, it could be the 3rd time in my entire life by now climbing the mountains, and CAMPING in the mountains! That was for sure an awesome memory to me in Japan. What made me more touched was not only the beauty of nature, but also their kindness.


I was such an unprofessional mountain climber. The first day when I arrived, I was told that we were going to climb a mountain. I thought it was nothing but like it was in Fushimiinari, climbing up hill and walking up stairs. Wrong! I was totally wrong. It was actually a rocky mountain and I was climbing it with mini-skirt and converse. Of course my feet were injured and my ankles were blistered! When I almost reach the top of the mountain, I could not move any step but asking for help. Thanks for the oldman's help, I got bandage from him and walking down successfully.



" I was actually crying after receiving his help because I was too touched! "


To my surprise is that I was told that Japanese people were seemed to be distance but through what I encountered in Kyushu, I think Japanese people actually are nice and really willing to give help. After the trip to Kyushu, no matter how I was told or how they truly act, I have had the best memory in Japan and I do really want to come back again.

1 comment:

  1. Climbing a mountain in a mini-skirt sounds pretty Japanese to me... A nice memory and wrap-up of your time here.

    ReplyDelete