Monday, March 2, 2009

Let's Purikura!


" a collection of purikura from one of my friends. using the magical tool of the machine can either erase the annoying pimple or make your skin lighter!"

Purikura has been popular in Japan for more than 10 years. Back to Taiwan, we have the same pop culture goes on. I still remeber when it was first imported to Taiwan, i burned up most of my allowance for taking a photo sticker. It was so popular during my school life that almost everyone had at least 10 different stickers!



" another collection. from more than 4 different photo booths"


" my collection. Usually you'll look better and thinner in purikura! that's why I love it!"



Here in Japan, I have been to 3 different photo booths. Ususally those machines are located in the top floor of game center, shopping mall, or usually where people go for leisure. In the begining, the photo booth did not that amaze me since its only for you to take a sticker photo. As the time goes by, now, you can adjust your skin color, put a heart between you and your love, write down anything you want, especially, if you want, it can make your eyes bigger, even BIGGER as you wish!


Resource:
Laura Miller---Graffiti Photos: Expressive Art in Japanese Girls' Culture

1 comment:

  1. Nice subject for pop culture in Japan. I'd like to read more about how the Japanese use print club. Useful link as well.

    ReplyDelete