Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"V" power in Japan

= That's a rainy day in Hirakata, same as in my home town =


Last semester I went to a junior high school around Korien for their "English day" even I am not native speaker! that was awesome! It's the first time for me to experience school life in a foreign country. The thing is that I found somehow my 17-year-old cousin she uses the same gesture as the Japanese do A LOT!



"those junior high school kids"





"my cousins, both around 17."



"same as my 22-year-old friend..:)..."

Since Taiwan and Japan are so close to each other, we got lots of influences not only in our life style but also in the way of dressing and behavior from Japan. Especially in the young generation. Lots of girls in Taiwan they try to be as cute as Japanese and usually put a "V" gesture next to their faces while taking a picture. I didn't know that its that popular until I reviewed those pictures I took with them.



"2 Japanese girls+1 foreigner"

" we are ALL Japanese ね!"



1 comment:

  1. From a gestural perspective I like the subject of your post. But why do people from Japan (and Taiwan) do the peace sign when they get their picture taken?

    ReplyDelete