Sunday, February 15, 2009

Unseen Hirakata

= 14 Feb. lovely Saturday,as well as Valentine's Day. =

I have been here for almost 6months and I considered myself knowing the area pretty well. I know how to get cheaper groceries, how to get to Starbucks and Tsutaya when I feel the need of realxing. mostly, if you wanna get your necessities, go to Shimamura and Avail by Seminar house beforehand.

"on the way the the lake park."
However, I didn't realize I was still a foreigner here until I spent a whole afternoon exploring the unseen Hirakata.

It's around 2pm., we left Sem 3 for the opposite way to Gaidai. Biking along the river enjoying the sunshine. Til the end of the path, we reached a gorgeous lake park which I've only been there during the moonlight. How can such a nice place exist that I only got drunk and fooled around there?

" the lake park"
We were biking around the park toward East exit then got to another open field where has lots of families having there happy hour there. After looking up the map, instead of entering another park, we decided to expolre the farther side from school. Without knowing the direction, we made a turn while we felt like to. Suddenly, we found a peaceful odera located in a normal Japanese community. That's the place of dreamland.




" a random odera"


After staying there for a while, we continued our exploring trip toward the way we have never gone before.


........then, we found this," Metal Museum" in Hirakata!! woohoo, what if we didn't set out for the trip, I would not know that in the ancient Hirakata, it was famous for refining metal!



" the Metal Museum"


What a lovely day in Hirakata! :)










1 comment:

  1. I like that you are exploring and finding new places of interest in HIrakata-shi. Is all of Hirakata-shi your neighborhood? How do you define neighborhood?

    Who is your intended audience for your posts?

    ReplyDelete